The modified chair of Sweeney Todd was used throughout the play and film adaptions of Sweeney Todd by tilting back toward a trap door to dispose of the dead bodies of the people Sweeney Todd kills. A type of lever is pressed or pushed down, and the chair tilts the dead body or whoever is sitting in the chair down the trap door and into the cellar as well.
- Dump the body of Judge Turpin into the cellar
- Dump the body of Beadle Bamford into the cellar
- Dump the bodies of other of Sweeney's victims into the cellars
- The play adaptions of Sweeney Todd
- The film adaptions of Sweeney Todd